We have all been there. Wheather it be as the game just starts up, or halfway through a battle.
Well, with luck this post will help you power through your troubles. If this does not completely fix your game, it should at least help put you on the right track.
One of the main causes of game crashes and blue-screens is a poorly configured (or no) user config file. This file acts as a manual override for the in-game visual and system settings. You can adjust a lot more than just visual settings in this file, you can also add in any setting you can set via the console. This makes this a very powerful tool.
I have setup a custom config which seems to be working fairly. My system specs are an fx-8350 with 8GB RAM and two GTX760’s in SLI. Visually, it seems about the same as the medium-high setting while making the game much more stable. You may download the file here:
Here is how you can set it up on your system:
- Download the file linked above
- Extract the zip, it contains the “.cfg” file you need
- Place the extracted “User.cfg” file into your Star Citizen “Public” folder
- For example: G:\Games\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public\User.cfg
- Start/Re-Start your game. If everything looks good your golden. If not, tweak some settings.